This post is focusing on my outfit and next weekend will feature the makeup and hair - the curls took me under 10 minutes to do!
- Top | Topshop | bought two years ago!
- Shorts | Yumi | bought last year for around £12
- Shoes | I switched between my red Primark heels which you can see here and my new Christmas themed slippers from Matalan (soooo comfy!)
- The lovely Dana is wearing this beautiful paisley shirt from Missguided | £9.99
But shorts - in winter?!
- Jenny's beautiful birdcage necklace was a gift - it's so pretty!
Although crop tops may not be the most practical choice for winter (unless you're indoors like I was or can wear a thick jacket), I think sophisticated shorts are a great piece to play about with. And by 'sophisticated' I mean not denim haha. I'm loving the leather shorts at the moment but not sure I'm brave enough - yet.
The great thing about shorts is that you can layer them over tights, leggings etc. when the colder weather does, inevitably, take over from summer. I am currently wearing 600 denier tights - yup, 600! The best bit about shorts though? You can wear them when the sunshine makes its return too - but without all the layers!
I will definitely be stocking up on some more shorts and maybe skorts too - they're great when you want to wear a skirt but have to play Twister and don't want to flash anyone. Life lesson there - sadly from experience.
Will you be wearing more shorts this season? Or perhaps you have another unusual AW favourite - let me know!